Welcome to Frederick First Church of the Nazarene. We are a diverse and growing church family committed to loving God, loving our neighbors and each other, and living the new life in Christ Jesus together.
Learn more about us.
Join us on Sundays for worship at 10:45 AM
See our Worship Times to join us at other times throughout the week.
News & Events (This Week & Next)
- Citizen's Nursing Home Ministry: Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.
- Mid-week Choir Practice: Wednesday, September 12 at 6:00 p.m. Anyone interested in singing in the choir is welcome!
- Adult Bible Study: Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- September 21-23: Mid-Atlantic District (MAD) Women's Retreat at Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
- Sunday, September 23: Kingdom Conversations at 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 30: Alabaster Offering - 100% of giving to Alabaster Offering goes to building schools, churches, clinics, and other Nazarene buildings around the world.
Coming Soon (Events in the next few months)
- Tuesday, October 2: 2018 Caregiver Conference at The Frederick Fairgrounds (797 East Patrick Street). Presentation at 6:00 - 8:00 pm (Building 13). Free to attend and includes a boxed dinner. Registration required.
- Saturday, October 13: 3rd Annual Talent Show -- Starting at 6:30 p.m. Join us in Fellowship Hall for a make-your-own hot potato bar, desserts, auction, and an evening of talents. See Maria Aldrich, Robbie Runyon, or Sharon Hawkins to sign up for the talent show, donate items for the auction, or for more information. All money raised from the auction will be donated to support women and children's ministries in Frederick and around the world.
- Saturday, October 20: Strengths Advocate 101 Training. 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. We are each fearfully and wonderfully made with a combination of talents that God gifts us with that make you unique among everyone who has ever lived. The talents are the source of the strengths we have to serve God and accomplish the good works He has prepared in advance for us to do. These same strengths are the source of the best work we do and the ways we have to bless the people we live & serve beside. Come to this workshop where you’ll learn about your own top five strengths and receive tools with which to help others around you to understand their strengths too. Instructor: Ken Balch
Click here to register. Registration for first-time participants is $54.00; $10.00 for those taking the refresher training.
- Saturday, October 27 at 10:00 a.m.: Choir Rehearsal for Christmas Worship Celebration.
- Saturday, November 3: Team Day: Location: Grace Pointe Community Church, 61 Gambrills Rd, Severn, MD. Special Keynote Speaker: Brad M. Griffin, author of Growing Young.
- Saturday, November 10 at 10:00 a.m.: Choir Rehearsal for Christmas Worship Celebration.
- July 10-14, 2019 – Nazarene Youth Conference – (NYC) is a vibrant, life-changing youth event held every four years. Nazarene High School students from all around North America gather together in a time of worship, teaching, and community outreach, united by a common belief in Jesus Christ. NYC 2019 will be in Phoenix, AZ, and we want our students to attend this once-in-a-lifetime event. The cost is $1600 per student, but our goal is to make the cost as minimal as possible. Don’t dilly dally, see Pastor Andrew to get signed up.
Other Information & Announcements
- On August 12, 2018, Shannon Smith spoke with us about what's happening in Cambodia and her missionary plans. Learn more about her here. Click here to donate. Or follow her on Facebook, or Instagram.
- Provide a Crisis Care Kit to help those in critical need in the United States and around the world. Financial donations are also accepted to offset the costs of shipping.
- Following are items to be included in a single kit, or watch this short video:
Gather new items in quantities listed below. Assemble Crisis Care Kits (CCKs) and seal the Zip-loc bags. Include only those items listed on the inventory. Deviating from this list can cause an entire shipment to be rejected in customs.
INSTRUCTIONS: Into a 2-GALLON ZIPLOC BAG put the following items:
- 1 medium size bottle of shampoo (12 to 18oz.), please tape flip-tops closed
- 2 bars of soap (bath-size or larger)
- 1 medium toothpaste (4.0 to 6.4 oz.)
- 3 toothbrushes
- 1 box of Band-Aids (30 or more)
- 1 fingernail clipper
- 1 sturdy hair comb
- 2 hand towels
- 4 pocket-size packages of facial tissue
- 1 Beanie Baby-size stuffed toy
- Click here for directions on packing and shipping multiple kits.
- Click here to find out more information on how you may sponsor a child through Nazarene Compassionate Ministries.
- Read our weekly Bulletin & Family Matters